Marketing Intern — URB.im
Dallant Networks, LLC is seeking an intern to assist with research, marketing and outreach activities to build targeted traffic to URB.im, a new online network addressing urban poverty in six cities across the globe. This new platform seeks to bring together practitioners and activists striving to create just and inclusive cities, and to provide pragmatic sharing of practices, issues, tactics, and data. The site currently serves Mumbai, Jakarta, Lagos, Nairobi, Mexico City, and Rio de Janeiro.
- Researching and identifying leading bloggers in key issue areas related to urban planning, urban innovation, poverty, community engagement, open data, smart cities, open government, and policy
- Researching and identifying top bloggers and key influencers related to editorial topics such as education, transportation, technology, health, green development, climate change, women's rights, informal settlements, etc.
- Conducting customized blogger outreach via Twitter and email
- Developing Twitter lists for target cities
- Contributing to ideation and implementation of innovative marketing programs
A passion for poverty alleviation and a good knowledge of social media are required. Interest in urban planning, architecture or international development is desired. Ability to speak Spanish, Portuguese, or Indonesian is a plus.
This position is based at One Market Street in San Francisco, near the Embarcadero BART station. Some hours may be worked remotely.
To apply, please email your credentials explaining your interest, qualifications, and why you think you would be successful in marketing URB.im.
URB.IM, the global community working for just and inclusive cities, propagates innovation and connects all members of the ecosystem working on urban poverty alleviation.
A project of Dallant Networks and the Ford Foundation, this new online platform establishes an international community of practice and learning, sharing ideas and experiences in order to innovate, replicate, and scale working solutions to the problem of urban poverty.
It is currently focused on six cities: Mumbai, Jakarta, Nairobi, Lagos, Mexico City and Rio de Janeiro.
We are now looking for a Community Manager and Content Coordinator for the city of Lagos.
The Community Manager and Content Coordinator for the Lagos node of the urb.im network will:
- Produce and aggregate news, events, projects and other developments of interest to members of the community of practitioners and program leaders working in urban poverty alleviation in Lagos
- Recruit bloggers and other volunteer contributors for the urb.im/lagos platform and coordinate all content traffic
- Initiate and moderate online discussions happening on the urb.im/lagos platform
- Be an active participant in the overall urb.im network and interact on a regular basis with other Content Coordinators in the network
This position is ideal for urban-planning students and graduates, journalists and social activists working in urban poverty alleviation. In addition to receiving extensive visibility on an important social media platform, the ideal candidate will receive a monthly stipend.
Qualified candidates should email their detailed information.